- Expose & Close: End Detention Now!
- Current Opening: DWN Executive Director
- Detention Provisions in the "SAFE" Act: What You Need to Know
- The Influence of the Private Prison Industry in Immigration Detention
- Year One Report Card: Human Rights and the Obama Administration's Immigration Detention Reforms
For more reports, go to Research Library.
On any given day, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) cages approximately 34,000 men, women, and children in jails across the country as it pursues their deportation, at a cost to taxpayers of two billion dollars a year. Scandalously, ICE often has no good reason to incarcerate these people at Read more
Listen to Maxi Sopo, an immigrant from Cameroon who is currently detained at Stewart Detention Center in Georgia, one of the 10 of the worst detention centers highlighted in DWN's Expose and Close reports. Special thanks to Georgia Detention Watch for coordinating the interview. Read more
While the debate over immigration reform rages in the halls of Congress, the moral and human rights crisis caused by the mas incarceration of immigrants has been largely ignored. Read more