Why Be Part of DWN?
• DWN is the only national coalition whose main focus is immigration detention and deportation issues.
• DWN focuses on its members: it is member led, member driven, and member inclusive.
• DWN creates a broad tent for advocates with wide geographic, issue, and political diversity to come together to build relationships and collaborate on issues of common concern. Working together, members are able to amplify their individual voices demanding change.
• DWN consistently creates useful and timely resources for members and the community, including the Detention Map, tools for advocates and detainees and their families to take action to educate and protect their communities, and a searchable database of non-governmental and governmental resources in our online Research Library.
• DWN members carry a wealth of knowledge about detention and deportation issues; individually and collectively they are a rich resource for the larger immigrant rights community. Members consistently and intentionally reach out to new communities to share their resources and expertise.
• With service providers swamped by day-to-day direct service work, families of detainees overwhelmed by the system, community organizations without the expertise, and national advocates with multiple priorities, DWN is able to step in and be a national voice and educator on detention and deportation on behalf of all those who care about the plight of detained immigrants.
For more information on member benefits, visit our Member Benefits page.
We hope that you will become a member of DWN and work with us to change the U.S. immigration detention and deportation system so that all who come to our shores receive fair and humane treatment. Thank you for your support.