President Biden can and must do more to undo the criminalization and punitive nature of the immigration system.
Biden has not only failed to live up to his campaign promises, he has embraced Trump-era policies to be his own, resulting in continued harm, trauma, and even death in Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s (ICE) detention system. To support our community, Detention Watch Network has created the following analyses and recommendations to help us collectively make sense of the shifting political landscape.
2023 administrative advocacy resources:
Wrong Direction: 2022 Biden Administration Progress Report / Dirección equivocada: Boleta de calificaciones de la administración de Biden del 2022
2022 administrative advocacy resources:
- Rhetoric versus Reality: Biden's First Year Scorecard / Boletín de calificaciones del primer año de Biden: Retórica versus Realidad
2021 administrative advocacy resources:
- State Legislation Bans on Immigration Detention | Prohibiciones de detención migratoria por medio de legislación estatal (December)
- The Harmful and Racist Impact of Criminal Exclusions from Legalization (August)
- Restoring Access to the Border without the use of Detention | (en español) Restaurando el acceso a la frontera sin el uso de detención (July)
- Child Detention FAQ (April)
- Analysis of President Biden's Executive Order on Private Prisons (March)
- Analysis of ICE Revision of Interim Enforcement and Removal Guidelines (March)
- Administrative Advocacy Priorities for the First Year of the Biden Administration (February)
- Ending Detention at the Border: Recommendations to the Biden Administration (February)