President Biden can and must do more to undo the criminalization and punitive nature of the immigration system that existed well before Trump.
While we are encouraged that the administration is prioritizing immigration, there is a critical priority that has yet to be addressed: ICE’s deadly and inhumane detention system. To support our community, Detention Watch Network has created the following analyses and recommendations to help us collectively make sense of the shifting political landscape.
2021 administrative advocacy resources:
- The Harmful and Racist Impact of Criminal Exclusions from Legalization (August)
- Restoring Access to the Border without the use of Detention | (en español) Restaurando el acceso a la frontera sin el uso de detención (July)
- Child Detention FAQ (April)
- Analysis of President Biden's Executive Order on Private Prisons (March)
- Analysis of ICE Revision of Interim Enforcement and Removal Guidelines (March)
- Administrative Advocacy Priorities for the First Year of the Biden Administration (February)
- Ending Detention at the Border: Recommendations to the Biden Administration (February)